1. Close Concerns: Full-Time Associate & Summer Internship
Close Concerns is led by Kelly Close (Amherst ’90, Harvard Business School ’95) and is staffed by three principals, five full-time associates, and a range of part-time contributors now in medical school, business school, PhD programs, and select post-doctoral positions. They publish a subscription news service, Closer Look, that provides up-to-the-minute analysis on events in the diabetes and obesity industries, a quarterly business newsletter (Diabetes Close Up), and a monthly patient newsletter (diaTribe).
Full-Time Association Position Opening: Associates typically pursue a medical, public health, or business graduate degrees following work with the firm. This is a 2 year position.
Summer Associate Position Opening: Summer associates are also encouraged to complete an independent project. In the past, successful summer associates have received bonuses for their strong performance and have been extended full-time offers following graduation.
The positions entail a wide range of projects, tasks and opportunities, are involved in nearly every aspect of the company, and assume a significant amount of responsibility and autonomy. Minimum GPA to qualify for positions is 3.7.
- Researching, analyzing, writing, and editing reports for Closer Look, Diabetes Close Up, and diaTribe
- Attending and reporting on major research meetings
- Participating in conference calls and interviews with world-renowned experts in diabetes and obesity
- Analyzing, synthesizing, and summarizing scientific journal articles
- Significant opportunities to learn the cutting-edge medical science of diabetes and obesity
- Broad and deep exposure to multiple facets of the healthcare industry, including drug development, drug regulation, public health, clinical care, and business
- Opportunities to participate in healthcare-focused management consulting projects
- Opportunities to meet with international leaders in diabetes medicine and top business leaders in the fields of diabetes and obesity
- Opportunities for substantial responsibility stemming from the small size of the company
For more information on Close Concerns, see www.closeconcerns.com and www.diatribe.us.
To apply, please send a resume, transcript (unofficial okay, but GPA must be included), writing sample (preferably health- or science-related, but not a lab report), and a cover letter describing your interest in the position to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Novo Nordisk Entry Level Positions
Novo Nordisk is growing again – we are adding 250 Diabetes Care Associates to our sales force.
These new positions do not required prior sales experience. For the first time, applicants with a recent college degree can join us in entry level sales professional roles.
How to Apply
The position are open now and can be found here.
Sort for ‘entry level’ and then review by location – and apply directly here. Please feel free to use my name as an employee referral! Also, please share this with your friends and colleagues!
3. DiabetesMine Internship
Health Social Media is changing the world. Want to be part of the movement?
Journalism /PR /Communications student sought for exciting opportunity with one of the World’s Top 20 Health Blogs, focused on life with diabetes.
Gain experience as part of a team that’s helping change the landscape of healthcare — by fostering new relationships between the Patient Community and national and international advocacy organizations; pharma companies; and world-class product designers, marketers, and engineers who make health devices and mobile apps for millions of consumers around the country and around the world.
We’re looking for a student eager to create engaging and inspirational content for consumers on a variety of diabetes-related issues on the web, from breaking news to product reviews to personal stories and interviews.