Running a Chapter
Setting up your chapter:
- Contact CDN, via email or through the “Start a New Chapter” form. CDN’s program director will get back to you with details and to set up a time to talk.
- Talk with your schools health services and see if they have an established diabetes program or someone who is particularly interested in diabetes- Your health services can help you contact other diabetics on campus and let you know how many there are
- See if there are any diabetic faculty or faculty with connections to diabetes on campus that would like to get involved
- Contact your local JDRF and ADA branches
Setting up your Chapter’s Webpage:
- Relax! CDN creates and sets up your page for you!
- Email CDN all of the information that you would like posted- send in a word document, set up in the same format as the school pages.
- Set up your own Facebook page – we will then hyperlink your facebook page to the facebook icon on your webpage
- Set up a Twitter account- you can make live updates and announcements that people can get immediately and see on your webpage
- Once CDN has set up your school’s webpage- update your calender and announcements boxes regularly to keep your members and others up to date