CDN’s mission is to empower and improve the lives of students living with Type 1 diabetes through peer support and access to information and resources.
CDN strives to
- Create connections with other students with diabetes at your college or university
- Create connections with the community to inspire children and young adults in the area
- Educate the campus and community about diabetes and living a healthy lifestyle
- Work to improve life on campus for diabetics through emotional support, personal connections, healthcare, and nutrition.
- Create a central resource for prospective students and parents to have access to information regarding support services to diabetics at prospective colleges and universities
- Provide a central resource where parents of college students can connect and share personal stories, tips, etc. in order to help to relieve the strain on them and their relationship with their college age child
- Provide resources to college and university administrators to help them to better serve the diabetic population at their schools